It is important to note that each kind of rudraksha that is to be energized will have a specific kind of energy associated within it.
How do I Energize my Rudraksha bead or Rudraksha mala?
Here you can see the step-by-step process of "Prana Prathista '' and energizing the Rudraksha bead/mala.
--> Firstly, we have to choose an auspicious time from the Almanac/Calendar.
--> The Invocations and Instructions given could be performed by a Guru or a Priest or by ourselves.
--> After taking a bath, be dedicated to devotional time with physical and mental purity, without entertaining articles for the ceremony.
1. Panchagavya- it is a unique combination of cow's milk, cow's ghee, cow's curd, cow's dung and cow's urine.
In case of unavailability of Panchagavya, we can replace it with Panchamrit, which can be made of milk (without boiling), honey, sugar, ghee and curd.
2. Take the Gangajal water of required quantity or mix ordinary water with Gangajal in an Achamani pot with darba (kusha grass for sprinkling along with copper or brass uddharini (spoon).
3. Find fresh leaves of Peepal, collect fresh and unbroken nine leaves on a plate and arrange them in a proper way.
4. Now arrange a broad plate/tray for keeping offerings of Pooja.
5. Incense sticks or dhoop or resin of sambrani, guggul and burning charcoal.
6. For the purpose of aarti, take camphor and a lamp with cotton and oil.
7. Sandalwood paste and aromatic oil.
8. Take a bowl of unbroken rice grains and mix them with ashtagandha.
9. Arrange a lamp with ghee in it and a single wick of cotton.
10. For the purpose of Consecration, we need to arrange the following offerings:- a piece of cloth, flowers, fruits, betel nuts (supari can be found for pooja purpose) and betel leaves (paan) and a washed coconut.
11. Sit facing east in a comfortable asan of your choice.
12. Wash the Rudraksha bead/mala with Panchagavya or Panchamrit.
13. Now, wash the Rudraksha with Gangajal water.
14. Place the washed Rudraksha on a plate, which contains nine peepal leaves
15. Now take a fresh empty tray/plate and place it nearby for offering.
16. Now we need to chant mantras, the following mantra is to be chanted thrice "Om Namah Shivaya'.
17. Now sprinkle the holy water we placed, with the grass all around, over ourselves and on all pooja items while chanting the following:-
(a) Om Apavitrah Pavitra Va Sarva Vasthan Gatopi Va.
(b) Yah Smaret Pundaree Kaaksham Sa Baahyaa Bhyantarah Suchihi.
18. Now chant the following mantras to invoke all deities.
(a) Om Gurubhyo Namaha!
(b) Om Ganeshaaya Namaha!
(c) Om Kula Devataabhyo Namaha!
(d) Om Ishta Devataabhyo Namaha!
(e) Om Maatha Pithrubhyaam Namaha!
19. Now take some water into our right hand with the Uddarini (spoon) of Achamani and sip once after each of the following three chants.
(a) Om Keshavaaya Namaha.
(b) Om Naraayanaaya Namaha.
(c) Om Maadhavaaya Namaha.
20. Now take some water to right hand and pour it on the ground nearby.
(a) Om Govindaaya Namaha.
21. Now we have to perform three short repetitions of Pranayama breathing.
(a) Om Pranavasya Parabrahma Rishihi Paramatma Devata Daivi Gayatri Chandaha Pranayamae Viniyogaha.
22. Now sprinkle some water on the Rudraksha bead/mala with darba (kusha) grass from the Achamani.
(a) Om Sadyojaatam Prapadyaami Sadyojataajava Namo Namaha
(b) Bhave Bhavenaati Bhave Bhavasvamaam Bhavodbhavay Namaha
23. Now take a flower and dip it in the sandalwood paste and the aromatic oil and touch on the beads/mala.
(a) Om Vaamadevaya Namaha
(b) Jyeshthaaya Namaha (temple prayer)
(c) Shreshthaaya Namaha
(d) Rudraaya Namaha
(e) Kaalaya Namaha
(f) Kala Vikaranaaya Namaha
(g) Bala Vikaranaay Namah
(h) Balaaya Namah Bala Pramathanaaya Namaha
(i) Sarva Bhootha Damanaaya Namah
(j) Manomanaaya Namah.
24. Now offer the incense or dhoop to the rudraksha beads.
(a) “Om Aghorebhyo Ghorebhyo Ghora Ghora Tarebhayaha Sarvebhya Sarva Sarvvebhyo Namaste Astu Rudra Roopebhyaha”
25. Now take a flower and dip it in the Sandalwood paste and touch on beads.
(a) “Om Tatpurushaaya Vidmahe Mahadevaaya Dheemahi Tanno Rudraha Prachodayaat”
26. Now chant the Eeeshana Mantra.
(a) Om Eeshaanah Sarvavidyaanam Eeshwar Sarvabhootaanaam
(b) Brahmaadipati Brahmanaadhipati Brahma Shivome Astu Sadaa Shivom
27. Now chant the Prana Prathista mantra (the consecration and enlivening i.e., life-giving mantra).
28. Now keep on offering some rice on the plate before the Rudraksha, while chanting this:
(a) Om aam hreem krom yum rum lum vum shum shum sum haum hum sah asya malaya prana eha prana.
(b) Om aam hreem krom yum rum lum vum shum shum sum haum hum sah asya malaya jeeva eha sthitha.
(c) Om aam hreem krom yum rum lum vum shum shum sum haum hum sah asya malaya sarveindrayani vagmansyachakshu shodragranapadani ihevagatya sukham chiram thithantu swaha.
29. As we chant the following mantras, we give the offerings of rice in the plate we placed before the rudraksha bead/mala:
(a) (Offering to the lotus feet of Shiva Maha Devaya, I bow).
(b) (Invocation) Avahanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(c) (Seat) Asanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(d) (Cloth) Vastram Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(e) (Sandalwood or scent) Chandanam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(f) (Rice) Akshatan Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(g) (Flower) Pushpam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(h) (Dhoop) Dhupam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(i) (Ghee lamp) Deepam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(j) (Water drink) Achamaniyam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(k) (Fruit) Naivedyam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(l) (Water Drink) Achamaniyam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(m) (Betel nut - Paan) Tambulam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
(n) (Coconut) Shri Phalam Samarpayami Sri Shiva Maha Devaya Charana Kamalebhyo Namaha.
30. Now burn camphor and show as offering in a clockwise circular motion thrice to the plate and chant the following mantras.
(a) Karpura Shivam Karuna Vataram Samsara Saram Bhujagendraharam.
(b) Sada Vasantam Hridaya Ravinde Bhavam Bhavani Sahitam Namami.
31. Now chant the Gayatri mantra thrice.
(a) Om Bhur Bhuvah Swaha Tat Savitur Varenyum Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi Dhiyo Yonaha Prachodayat.
32. Chant the following Surya mantra thrice now,
(a) Om Bhu Om Bhuvaha Om Swaha Om Maha Om Janaha Om Tapaha Om Satyam.
33. Repeat this and touch the right eye, then the left eye and our forehead after each mantra.
(a) Om Apo Jyothi Raso Amtritam Brahma Bhu Bhuvaha Swarom.
34. Now chant the Mhamrithyunjaya mantra five times and offer rice in the plate we placed before Rudraksha beads/mala after each repetition.
(a) Om Haum Joom Sah
(b) Om Bhur Bhuvaha Swaha
(c) Om Triambakam Yajamahey
(d) Sungandhim Pushti Vardanam
(e) Urvar Ukamiva Bandhanan
(f) Mrityor Muksheeya Mamritat
(g) Om Swaha Bhuvaha Bhu Om Sah Joom Haum Om
- Now chant the Beeja mantra nine times each one.
(a) Om Namah Shivaya.
(b) Om Hreem Namah.
(c) Om Namah.
(d) Om Kleem Namah.
(e) Om Hreem Namah.
(f) Om Hreem Hum Namah.
(g) Om Hum Namah.
(h) Om Krom Srom Rom Namah.
36. Now bow in supplication to the deity, that is the rudraksha and chant concluding prayer and shanthi mantra:
"Om Purnamada purnamidam purnath purnamudyachite
Purnasya purnamadaya purna mevaya shishyate
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti".